ZIBELINE INTERNATIONAL & VOLKSON PRESS is committed to respecting your privacy. In this privacy notice, we describe how we collect and use your personal information, and the rights you have in relation to such information. We are the data controller of the personal data you provide to us for processing in accordance with this privacy notice.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information from you through your use of the website ;
(and affiliated websites operated by us; collectively, the ‘websites’), when you request information from us, when you engage us for publishing services, when you participate in any of our conferences, or as a result of your relationship with any of our editors, authors or institutional clients.
We may request, and collect from you, personally identifiable information and other information. Depending on the information or services you request, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, Zibeline/ volkson press Account login credentials such as usernames and passwords and other information, such as the institution/s with which you are associated, your academic qualifications and professional qualifications or information such as field of study, current position, practice and interests, payment information such as credit card or debit card number.
By providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as contemplated in this privacy notice. If you do not want us to use your personal information for any of these purposes, please either do not provide us with your personal information or specify what you don’t want it to be used for.
In addition to the information you knowingly provide to us, we collect, via the websites, the domain names and IP addresses of visitors, along with usage statistics relating to the websites. (We do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time or across third-party websites or online services.)
We may also collect personal data about you automatically using Server Side Variable and Google Analytics including:
- computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers;
- usage data, such as click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the service; and
- for location-aware services, the physical location of your device.
We will only use your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, including:
- to process and respond to inquiries, and provide our services;
- to manage our relationship with editors, authors, institutional clients, service providers, and other business contacts;
- to market our services;
- subscription management;
- to compile anonymous statistics, such as usage statistics for our websites and statistics on the effectiveness of invitations and other emails; and
- where otherwise required by law.
If we re-organise our business, we may need to transfer your personal information to other Zibeline and Volkson Press entities or to third parties.
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
We operate a Client Relationship Management email mailing list program, which we use to inform clients and other contacts about our services, including our publications and events. Such marketing messages may contain tracking technologies in order to track subscriber activity relating to engagement, demographics and other data, and to build subscriber profiles.
If you would like to cease receiving marketing materials from us at any time, please let our CRM management team know directly on email@example.com.You can change your preferences for receiving our marketing emails and legal updates from us at any time, and you can unsubscribe by following the instructions specified in our marketing emails or via the websites, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
It may sometimes be necessary for us to share your personal information with other entities within the Zibeline International & Volkson Press, as well as with editors, institutions, publishers, event organisers, agents, representatives, partners, societies, credit card processors, customer support, mailing houses, shipping agents and IT service providers and consultants around the world who provide services to us or on our behalf.
If you use the Zibeline Subscription Service, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Subscription Service, such as the number of items you downloaded, any fee-based items you accessed, may be shared with your institution for the purposes of usage analysis and subscription management.
We have procedures in place to ensure the protection of personal information. These procedures include putting steps in place to ensure that recipients keep your personal information confidential and secure and only use it for the purposes that we have specified and communicated to you. In relation to any other third parties we will only disclose your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
We may disclose your personal information to a recipient (i) for the purposes of outsourcing one or more of the purposes-related functions described above; (ii) to confirm or update information provided by you; (iii) to inform you of events, information about our services, and other important information, or (iv) for other purposes disclosed at or before the time the information is collected. If you tell us you wish to attend an event, your name and organization may appear on a list which we provide to other delegates at the event.
- CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in servers and facilities located in your region or another country. Some of these countries do not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you reside and are not recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information continues to be protected wherever it is located. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will use, share and safeguard that information as described in this privacy notice. We only transfer personal information to these countries, when it is necessary for the services we provide you, or subject to appropriate safeguards that assure the protection of your personal information, such as European Commission approved standard contractual clauses.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- Access and Accuracy: the right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified in accordance with the applicable law;
- Erasure or Blocking: the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your personal information that is processed in breach of the law;
- Objecting: the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information, if that is the case, we’ll let you know why;
- Porting: the right to request that some of your personal information is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format;
- Withdraw consent – when personal information is processed on the basis of consent an individual may withdraw such consent at any time. In the event that you no longer want to receive any marketing material from us, please use the unsubscribe option (which is in all of our marketing emails to you), or contact us on the details set out below.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com, our dedicated email address for issues relating to the processing of your personal data.
The information you provide may be confidential, and we will maintain such confidentiality and protect your information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law. We do not sell, rent, distribute, or otherwise make, personal information commercially available to any third party. We may share information with our service providers for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, and alteration.
- COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We use ‘cookies’ to improve this website. Cookies are small files that are sent to a computer’s hard drive by a web server. Cookies enable websites to remember who you are. Information from cookies may include information relating to your use of our websites, information about your computer (such as IP address and browser type), and demographic data. The list below sets out the types of cookies we use, and the purposes for which we use them. Most internet browsers have a mechanism notifying you when you receive a new cookie and how to reject new cookies or disable cookies altogether.
Zibeline International & Volkson Press may if you so choose to send direct mailers to you at the address given by you. You have the option to ‘opt-out’ of this direct mailer by way of links provided at the bottom of each mailer. We respect your privacy and in the event that you choose to not receive such mailers, we will take all steps to remove you from the list.
- ANTISPAM POLICY
Zibeline International & Volkson recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures, to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in its computing environment. All emails received by Zibeline International & Volkson, are subject to spam check. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the Sender for taking necessary action.
- CHANGES TO POLICY
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or our processing of your personal data, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our full corporate name and details are as follows: